The first step is always the hardest. This old saying rings very true when it comes to talking about medical weight loss program. Sometimes, the hardest part is just getting started. Before you can achieve anything, you have to make the choice that you deserve better, that you are capable of more and that you are ready to make that change in your life.
The decision to try Optifast weight loss is one of the better things that you’ll do for yourself, and you should be proud of yourself for that decision. Fear, anxiety and hesitations will surmount as you take the first steps to get started, but don’t let those get in your way. Remember, the first step is the hardest.
Once you complete that first step, you’ll know what you are doing and where you are going, and we’ll be by your side to make sure that you keep moving forward towards your goal.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you get started with OPTIFAST:
- Team up! You aren’t on this journey alone. Talk to your loved ones about your hopes and plans to lose weight and let them know how they can support you.
- Reach out! If you don’t feel comfortable talking with loved ones about your weight loss journey. Consider joining a support group to be encouraged by those who are going through similar challenges.
- Stay positive! Your attitude will have a large influence on your ultimate success. Believe in yourself so that you can stay motivated to reach your goal.
- Be realistic! You didn’t gain weight overnight, and you won’t be able to lost it all overnight either. Don’t set your expectations so high that you’ll never meet them. Be realistic and work towards a goal that is high, but reachable.
The OPTIFAST products are just a tool that will help you reach your ultimate weight loss goal. Every choice you make will determine their effectiveness. Do your best to make the most out of the opportunities in front of you.
Medical Weight Loss Program
When you join a medical weight loss program — all you need to do is follow the path. Take advantage of the resources around you and don’t hold yourself back. You can achieve your weight loss goal and enjoy living a healthier way of life.
Summer is here, schools are gearing up to let out and for many people that means barbeque season is in full swing. The Optifast Weight Loss Programs are great in the warm weather. You can mix your Optifast shakes with ice in a blender to create a flavorful smoothie that is cool, refreshing and satiating. Or you can take your meal bars on the go as you enjoy the renewed energy levels losing weight often delivers.
But what happens when your friends get together for long evenings of grilling in the backyard, or you are invited to a picnic at the beach? Committing to your Optifast program takes some planning, especially when special occasions are involved.
Here are a few tips for managing your medical weight loss programs on special occasions:
- Bring your Optifast diet product with you: Summer barbeques are often informal, which makes it easy to stick to your meal plan while socializing. Talk to your friend before arriving to a get-together to let them know you are following a meal plan and won’t be eating food at the event. Chances are your friend will appreciate your company, and may even applaud your commitment to your rapid weight loss programs.
- Eat beforehand: If you don’t feel comfortable bringing your Optifast weight loss product with you, then eat beforehand. So that you are not hungry and tempted while other guests are eating. Find a place to stand that is away from a snack table or buffet line. Stick to non-caloric beverages like water and unsweetened tea.
- Avoid alcohol: Alcohol carries a decent bit of calories on its own. As you drink your resolve to stick to your weight loss plan is more likely to waiver. If you do choose to drink alcoholic beverages at an event, alternate non-caloric drinks in between servings.
- Suggest food-free events: Talk to your friends about getting together for a day at the park. You may go for a trip to the beach without involving food in the process. Set a time to meet in the mid-afternoon when a meal isn’t expected. Also find activities that will keep you active, like tossing a ball or going swimming.
Try not to worry too much about how friends and family members. They may interpret your resolve to stick to your Optifast diet products. Barbeques are notorious for being packed with unhealthy items like chips and cheeseburgers. Do your best to concentrate on conversation and avoid the food. If you have to, make a friendly excuse and pardon yourself from the event.
Although some people want to lose weight for a special event, most people who start a weight loss plan are looking for long-term results. We want to lose weight once and keep it off for life. Permanent weight loss success is the result of lifestyle changes and creating new habits, not short-term diets. Use these tips to achieve weight loss that lasts.
Tips For Permanent Weight Loss
Make physical activity a habit – you don’t have to join a gym to become more physically fit. But you do need to commit to being more active. Make small changes that you can turn into habits. Like always taking the stairs instead of an elevator. Also you can make daily walk a part of your routine.
Enjoy fitness – the next step to getting more exercise is to find excuses to be physically active for extended periods of time. One way to do this is to be active with your free time. Join a team, sign up for a fitness class or buy a bike.
Learn to cook – it’s difficult to maintain a healthy diet if you’re going out to eat all the time or only know how to cook in a deep fat fryer. Learn to cook low fat, low-calorie meals that you enjoy. Experiment with recipes that use plenty of vegetables and lean protein sources, including fish.
Practice relaxing – living in a state of constant stress is not only going to put you in a bad mood, but it can make it difficult to lose weight. Stress hormones affect your appetite and your body’s ability to store or release fat.
Weight loss program is a time of change—a time for learning and growing as you adopt a new healthy diet, lifestyle and way of thinking. Making these changes will be both challenging and rewarding. But before you tackle the physical changes of weight loss, it is time to address the mental aspects of losing weight.
Mentally Preparing for Medical Weight Loss Program
Sometimes, despite proper preparation and undergoing, change can still be hard to accept. Whether you’ve been planning for months to start your medical weight loss program or recently decided to change your health, the change can be overwhelming. As you encounter the mental challenges of changing the way you think and feel about your healthy habits, it helps to tackle the change one step at a time.
Changing One Stage at a Time
Change doesn’t happen overnight. Instead of attempting to jump right into a new lifestyle, consider changes regarding your body. You should also consider diet and exercise habits at a gradual pace with the help of Medical weight loss program such as Optifast diet. This will be easier once you have a keen understanding of change and how it works in the following stages:
- Resisting and Reacting to Change: This is the first stage of change you’ll encounter during medical weight loss. At first you may have the urge to resist change. But in time you will learn to react to change by adhering to the rules of medical weight loss.
- Adjusting and Exploring Change: You will enter this stage once you become more accustomed to your new healthy way of life. The adjusting stage is pivotal during weight loss—especially when dealing with slipups. You may accidentally break your medical weight loss diet rules at a friend’s birthday. It might be a case thatyou skip the gym because you can’t miss you child’s soccer game, and that’s okay. During this stage you will work with abrupt changes as they occur. Do your best to develop the healthy habits that will help you continue to lose weight.
- Living Well in the New Normal: Your transition has come to a close and you now live in a state of normalcy. What once was a learning process for new healthy habits has now become a normal way of life for you. Engaging in daily exercise and eating healthy are no longer seen as requirements. But these are considered more so a part of your customary lifestyle. You no longer think about making healthy choices 24-7 as those decisions have become second-nature. Your medical weight loss program has prepared you for ongoing weight management. So you can continue to live well for the long term.
As you work towards losing weight, the change might be tough at first, but in the end it’s worth it. With the help of medical weight loss, you will change your life for the healthier, one day at a time.
As you go about you workout program or weight loss programs, one thing that you must be taking into account is what you’re eating immediately after the workout is over.
Weight loss programs will allow for proper nourishment to fuel the recovery process. Your body’s tissues are especially sensitive at this point to take up any nutrients you feed it, so by eating well, you can make sure you make a fast and quick recovery.
Let’s go over the key points to know about post-workout nutrition.
Eat Immediately After
First, try and get that post-workout fuel in as soon after the workout is over as possible. The longer you delay eating, the longer it will take you to bounce back after the session is over.
To that, you may also want to use a post workout shake rather than solid food. Liquid calories are absorbed faster than solid, so this can speed the process along.
Combine Protein And Carbohydrates
Next, make sure that the meal or shake is made up of protein and carbohydrate rich foods. Aim for around 0.25 grams per pound of protein intake and 0.25 to 0.5 grams per pound of carbohydrates.
This should put you somewhere between 200-300 calories for your post workout meal or shake. Good examples would be some protein powder with a banana or some cooked white fish with some rice.
A bowl of bran flakes with some skim milk and a protein shake can also work well to get these nutrients in.
Keep Fat Low
Finally, make sure that you keep the fat content in this meal as low as possible. Fat will only slow down the digestion process, moving you away from what you are trying to accomplish here.
Take fat out of the picture and save it for later times during the day when you want slow digestion to occur.
If you keep these points in mind and plan out your weight loss programs ahead of time, you can make sure you see the best results from that hard work you put in at the gym.
Dr Anjana Chhabra
Before I started the Optifast Program I was very much overweight. I could not walk up a flight of stairs or 2 feet before gasping for air.
Now I am happy to say because of Dr. Chhabra and OPTIFAST® I can do many more things without loosing my breath or getting all red in the face. I have stopped taking my blood pressure and lung medicine. I feel great and I wish everyone who is even thinking about doing this, stop thinking and do it.
Dr. Chhabra is very encouraging as well as her staff and the classes are a great help that also encourages you along the way. My total weight loss so far is 46 lbs.
When you are preparing to go on vacation, how do you think about the destination? Do you think about it casually, deciding that you’ll drive in the general direction until you reach something interesting?Probably not. Chances are you put more thought into where you are going instead of the experience of flying or driving there. Sure, the journey is part of the experience—but it’s the destination that you are working towards. Now, think about how this relates to your weight loss program. As you embark on your weight loss journey, it helps to have a clearly defined goal in mind, especially if you opt for optifast program.
A weight loss goal provides context to your weight loss efforts. A well-defined goal can encourage you and keep you motivated, providing you with a constant and clear understanding of how much farther you have to go.
But just as a well-defined goal can prove helpful, a poor goal can hinder your weight loss program. Goals that are too high can cause you to grow frustrated or feel let down. Likewise, goals that are too low won’t push you far enough, leaving you wanting more.
The ideal goal is somewhere in the middle. Your weight loss goal should be within reach, but should still be challenging. It has to be realistic, but not easy. In short, your goals should be SMART:
Here is an example of a healthy goal: I want to fit into an old pair of jeans. To do this, I need to lose 20 pounds. Losing just over 2 pounds per week on an OPTIFAST program, I can achieve this in three months.
This goal is specific. It has a specific outcome – fitting into an old pair of jeans – and the goal itself is realistic. This person isn’t hoping to measure up to a magazine photo of an airbrushed model—this individual wants to be as healthy and fit as he or she has been in the past, perhaps before a pregnancy or another life event that prompted weight gain.
The goal is also realistic and attainable, accounting for steady and moderate weight loss under physician supervision. Most importantly, the goal is time bound. There is a concrete deadline to work toward, against which to measure progress on a weekly basis.
Your optifast program is a journey like any other. As you move forward, keep your eye on your goals. They can help motivate and encourage you as you encounter obstacles along the way.
As you embark on your Optifast Diet you’ll become familiar with the powder shake mixes. These mixes are a bit different from the ready-to-drink items you might stow away in your fridge for a late morning. They come in simple flavors, including vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, and once you learn the ropes of the Optifast Weight Loss program you can really spice up the flavor by combining these mixes with some sugar-free solutions for a truly enjoyable drink.
Here are a few ways to add some fun to your Optifast Weight Loss beverages this spring:
Take your cup of Joe outside on a warm weekend morning by spicing up your Optifast Weight Loss products with cold coffee. To do this all you will need is one 1.48 ounce packed of Optifast 800 Vanilla Powder and ¾ of a cup of cold coffee. Blend the ingredients together and voila! Want to make it into a frozen drink? Add ice to the blender and make your very own diet-friendly “Frappuccino.”
Lemon- Lime Spritzer
This beverage is perfect for a long spring or summer evening. To make this beverage you will need another packet the of the Optifast 800 vanilla powder, as well as 8 ounces of cold diet lemon-lime soda, such as diet Sprite, Sierra Mist or 7UP. Mix the ingredients in a blender with about 6 ice cubes for a frozen concoction that will satisfy your thirst and hunger at once.
Optifast weight loss with Orange Creamsicle
The classic childhood favorite can come back to life while helping you stay on track with your optifast weight loss goals. Using the Optifast 800 vanilla powder once again, you can make an orange creamsicle to enjoy this spring and summer. You’ll also need 12 ounces of cold diet-orange soda. Combine the two ingredients in a blender until the consistency is smooth and the powder is fully dissolved. You can then pour this over ice or blend ice with it to turn it into a frozen drink.
Each of these summer drinks has 160 calories and only 3 grams of fat total. They also have 18 grams of sugar and exactly 14 grams of protein. If you give any of these a try, make sure you are sticking with diet soda varieties. Regular soda will add another hundred calories and a whole lot more sugar to each of these recipes.
Optifast Weight Loss Program will Help You Loss Weight
Being on the Optifast weight loss program will help you lose weight, but making changes to your diet alone isn’t recommended for long-term weight management. To keep the weight off, you’ll have to become more active.
For all of its benefits, a treadmill isn’t a very inspirational piece of equipment. Sure, you know you can walk on it for 30 minutes to an hour at the gym, but this isn’t a workout that is easy to get excited about. A good workout isn’t limited to the confines of the gym, and not all workouts require cardio equipment and hand weights. There are ways like Being on the Optifast weight loss program will help you lose weight, but making changes to your diet alone isn’t recommended for long-term weight managementprogram that you can push yourself to be more active at home, at work or even on your commute. All you need is a little music.
When your favorite song comes on the radio, how easy is it to sit still? Our bodies naturally like to move and sway with catchy tunes. Create a good playlist and you might find yourself tapping your foot and pulsing your shoulders for hours as you work, drive or take care of things around the house.
Why not let your desire to dance drive your desire to lose weight? Dancing can be a great aerobic workout that can also help tone muscles and even build strength.
Take your dancing shoes to the next level by trying out some of these fun fitness dancing techniques:
- Zumba: An up-tempo dance class that uses hip-hop and Latin-inspired elements, this can be a pretty intense workout. Classes are led by a zumba instructor who goes through the motions and encourages everyone in the room to keep up.
- Swing: Swing dance incorporates a lot of balancing and jumping techniques, which are sure to get you sweating. A lot of swing classes encourage partners. So, try finding a friend who is interested in learning to swing dance with you.
- Belly dancing: Many people think of belly dancing as simply moving your hips back and forth. But, there is a lot more to it than that. This is an especially great abdominal workout.
Other popular styles of dance include ballet, tap and ballroom dancing, all of which are quality workouts, as well. There are hundreds of dance studios in New Jersey. Find one that works for your experience level and give it a shot.
Of course, you don’t need to take a dance class to get the benefits of this type of workout. Clear a space in your living room, put on the radio and start dancing. Chances are that this will put a smile on your face, as well as help you burn some more calories. Also optifast weight loss program will help in weight loss.
The Optifast weight loss program can be a valuable learning experience that can set you up for long-term weight loss success. Together with the support of your medical weight loss doctor, the Optifast weight loss programs creates an experience that highlights the fundamental aspects of successful weight loss, and can show you how you can transition to a healthier way of life by making simple changes.
There are four fundamental aspects of weight loss, and they are:
Optifast weight loss programs gives you a chance to step away from your regular routine and evaluate what changes may be helpful in your life.
Optifast Weight Loss Changing Your Attitude
Your attitude refers to your overall values and the commitment you are making to yourself and to your weight loss program. This means:
- Taking ownership of the choices you make
- Knowing your limits and accepting those boundaries
- Being willing to persevere through temporary discomfort
- Evaluating the consequences of your actions and making choices that will help you reach your goal
You have a choice to look at everything you do with a positive attitude. Doing so can help you stay on track during your Optifast diet program.
The Optifast products will help you take control of your diet, freeing up the mental energy to evaluate your current fitness level and exercise habits. As a general guideline, try to exercise for at least 30 minutes five days a week. This adds up to 2.5 hours of exercise every week. The more exercise you can fit in, the more calories you’ll burn and the faster you’ll lose weight with these weight loss programs.
Make changes to your exercise habits by:
- Increasing your incidental activity, which includes movements you do at work or home that are not fitness related, but still burn calories (like walking)
- Meet with a personal trainer to learn proper fitness techniques so you can avoid injury
- Find a friend, co-worker or family member who is interested in working out more as well and become gym partners
The Optifast rapid weight loss products are nutritionally complete, helping you to get as many nutrients as possible in a low-calorie diet. Using the products will help you lose weight, but learning from the products can help you maintain weight loss, as well.
The Optifast products can teach you several things about proper nutrition habits, including:
- How to eat smaller portion sizes
- The benefits of eating multiple small meals every day
- What it feels like to be full without overeating
- How maximizing nutrient intake helps control hunger
- What times of day your body grows hungriest
One thing that many people report learning during the Optifast program is that hunger is often mental. Everyone grows hungry, but often our hunger signals become crossed with mental cues to eat. Things like emotional eating, social cues to eat and eating out of boredom are often addressed during the OPTIFAST program.
The Optifast weight loss program is a great tool in gaining control over your diet. Using the Optifast diet products under the guidance of your weight loss doctor can help you lose weight more effectively than diet and exercise on their own.