If you want to change your physical body, lose belly fat, and boost your metabolism, consider resistant strength training. Having more muscle helps you to burn more calories than those that have more fat. Building muscle can increase metabolism, helping you to transform your body and feel great!
Follow these tips to boost your metabolism and adjust your body composition:
- Engage in an exercise program that includes push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, step-ups, lunges, and resisted exercises with dumbbells. Add medicine balls, bands, jump ropes, and sand bags to your routine. Work-out at home or in your local New Jersey gym.
- Lift weight for 30 to 45 minutes three or four times a week in order to lose belly fat.
- Eat nutrient dense foods such as strawberries, spinach, and broccoli.
- Eat five to six smaller meals a day instead of three large meals.
- Eat a small amount of protein at every meal to keep your blood sugar stabilize.
- Get enough rest to allow your muscles time to rebuild.
- Don’t exercise on an empty stomach.
- Avoid processed foods, fast foods, and bad fats such as trans fats. Also make sure to limit your sugar intake.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid foods and beverages with artificial sweeteners such as high fructose corn syrup.
According to recent research, the top two factors of aging that we can control and will even affect how long we will live is muscle mass and strength. Losing muscle mass leads to overall weakness, but can decrease an individual’s overall metabolic rate as well. Muscle loss naturally occurs as we age, but we can do something about it by following the ten tips above.