Whatever you wish to accomplish in life, there are three fundamental steps you’ll have to take to get there.
- Set your goals
- Make a plan
- Monitor your progress as you set those plans in motion
At the onset of your Optifast weight loss program you and your weight loss doctor will make a realistic goal that you can work towards.
How to Monitor Optifast Weight Loss
The nice thing about the OPTIFAST weight loss program is that it encourages weight loss at a faster rate than you may lose weight on your own or through a non-medical diet plan.
Most Optifast weight loss plans last about 18 weeks, including an active phase of rapid weight loss followed by at least six weeks of transition, and then maintenance. While the 18 weeks may fly by fast, this is a long time to move forward without stopping and evaluating your progress along the way.
Scheduling regular appointments with your weight loss doctor can ensure that you are moving in the right direction, and will give your weight loss specialist a chance to make any changes to your weight loss program to keep your health optimal. But even at home there are ways you can track your progress and monitor how well you are doing.
Keeping a weight loss journal is shown to be one of the most effective habits one can develop when trying to lose weight. Writing down details like the foods you eat, your exercise habits and other details about your day can increase your personal accountability and help you stay on track towards reaching your weight loss goals.
Here are several tips to help you get started keeping a weight loss journal:
- Get a small notebook that you can keep near you at all times.
- Consider using a smartphone application like “Lose It” to log your food and exercise.
- Log details about how you feel as well as what you eat.
- Make entries in your weight loss journal as often as you feel comfortable.
On the Scale
The bathroom scale is one of the most widely used tools for measuring weight loss medications program. While weighing yourself can give you a clear understanding of how you are progressing towards your weight loss goal, this shouldn’t be the only method of monitoring that you turn to.
The scale can be deceiving, and stepping on it too much can grow frustrating and discouraging. Consider these tips when weighing yourself:
- Only weigh yourself once a week
- Keep a log of your weight level so you can track your progress overtime
- Weigh yourself at the same time of the day, like first thing in the morning
- Wear light clothing when weighing yourself
It is up to you to be accountable to yourself and follow your weight loss plan. The best way to know if you are working in the right direction is to monitor your success along the way.