There is no reason to mourn the end of summer. Fall has its own perks, especially when it comes to medical weight loss in New Jersey.
The leaves are falling, pumpkins are making their appearance on doorsteps and the kids are back in school. Fall is officially here, and with that comes the end of those summer weight loss plans. While the weather is warm we all plan on being outside, walking every day and using the vacation season to make the most of our medical weight loss programs.
Labor Day has passed, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up your summer weight loss goals. It is time to transition your medical weight loss program into autumn gear, and there is no better place to do this than in New Jersey.
“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” –Emily Bronte
The weather is already starting to cool down, but that doesn’t mean you need to retreat back to the gym to get in a good workout. Grab a light jacket and enjoy the crisp air. There are plenty of fun activities you can do this time of year to work out and have a bit of seasonal fun.
Here are the top 5 fall workouts, and how you can get started trying them:
- Mountain Biking: Sure, you can go mountain biking any time of year, but you will be hard pressed to find a more scenic trail than you will during autumn. As the leaves turn colors and fall to the ground, you can enjoy the fall atmosphere while working out. Once winter sets in this colorful array will likely turn to white, so enjoy the red and orange hues while they last.
- Chopping wood: Skip the pile of wood at the food store. You can get in a great workout chopping wood for your fire on your own. As Henry Ford once said, “chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice.”
- Raking leaves: Tending to your lawn and garden is a great workout year round. Take out a rake and a few big trash bags and uncover the grass from beneath the bed of leaves. If you have any energy left when you are done, feel free to find your inner child and jump around a bit. After all, raking them twice will only add to your workout!
- Hiking: Another activity you can do year round, hiking is especially great during the fall. The cooler temperatures will mean less bugs and more wildlife. Even though it isn’t as hot out now, don’t forget to bring your water. Dehydration can occur any time of year.
- Football: What would fall be without football? Instead of munching on chips at half-time, go outside and toss the ball around a bit. Invite a bunch of friends over to watch your favorite team play, and when the games over start your own out back.
What other workouts do you love doing during fall? Share your thoughts and experiences in a comment below.