It’s the season for gifting, happiness, family and eating. Holidays at home is when we really go all out and eat the best holiday food to our heart’s content. And so, what usually happens is that the largest gift we get during this festive time is a lot of weights. Let’s change that this year. Here are some ways to not gain weight and need a rapid weight loss program immediately after.
- Eat Small Portions: Do not let wanting to stay fit keep away from your favourite dishes. That is not the best way to celebrate holiday cheer. However, you can always keep your portions on check. Use a smaller plate and studies have shown that our brains think we are full earlier.
- Pace Yourself: The worst mistake we make while getting caught up with festive feelings is binge eating. By spreading our eating through a large amount of time, we are able to not only eat less but allow our bodies to metabolise what we eat better.
- Don’t Arrive Hungrily: Starving ourselves for the big meal is another way that we treat ourselves badly during the holidays. While it is true the spread will be great, why not arrive without feeling ravenous to the meals. Starvation really puts our bodies to a toss, and we eat much more than we want or intend.
- Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol is the number one way we destroy our bodies. Let not your surroundings and family encourage you into drinking. Besides other toxic effects, alcohol is a way for your body to bloat up and gain unwanted weight. Every weight loss advice which is physician supervised always encourages to avoid alcohol and the holidays are no exception to this rule.
- Be Careful With Sweets: Desserts are fantastic things. During the holidays, they are additionally always available everywhere. Which is great except when we eat too much of it. Because they come in small portions, we don’t think about it too much. Make sure to have only one portion of sweet everyday, so you don’t fall into the honey trap. In fact, abolish ideas of what holiday sweets are supposed to be and get your own little low-calorie snack to the holiday party.
Most importantly, do not let the pressure of weight gain destroy your holiday spirit! If you are feeling out of it, feel free to sign up for a weight loss medications program which is physician supervised for best results.