As you embark on your Optifast Diet you’ll become familiar with the powder shake mixes. These mixes are a bit different from the ready-to-drink items you might stow away in your fridge for a late morning. They come in simple flavors, including vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, and once you learn the ropes of the Optifast Weight Loss program you can really spice up the flavor by combining these mixes with some sugar-free solutions for a truly enjoyable drink.
Here are a few ways to add some fun to your Optifast Weight Loss beverages this spring:
Take your cup of Joe outside on a warm weekend morning by spicing up your Optifast Weight Loss products with cold coffee. To do this all you will need is one 1.48 ounce packed of Optifast 800 Vanilla Powder and ¾ of a cup of cold coffee. Blend the ingredients together and voila! Want to make it into a frozen drink? Add ice to the blender and make your very own diet-friendly “Frappuccino.”
Lemon- Lime Spritzer
This beverage is perfect for a long spring or summer evening. To make this beverage you will need another packet the of the Optifast 800 vanilla powder, as well as 8 ounces of cold diet lemon-lime soda, such as diet Sprite, Sierra Mist or 7UP. Mix the ingredients in a blender with about 6 ice cubes for a frozen concoction that will satisfy your thirst and hunger at once.
Optifast weight loss with Orange Creamsicle
The classic childhood favorite can come back to life while helping you stay on track with your optifast weight loss goals. Using the Optifast 800 vanilla powder once again, you can make an orange creamsicle to enjoy this spring and summer. You’ll also need 12 ounces of cold diet-orange soda. Combine the two ingredients in a blender until the consistency is smooth and the powder is fully dissolved. You can then pour this over ice or blend ice with it to turn it into a frozen drink.
Each of these summer drinks has 160 calories and only 3 grams of fat total. They also have 18 grams of sugar and exactly 14 grams of protein. If you give any of these a try, make sure you are sticking with diet soda varieties. Regular soda will add another hundred calories and a whole lot more sugar to each of these recipes.
Although some people want to lose weight for a special event, most people who start a weight loss plan are looking for long-term results. We want to lose weight once and keep it off for life. Permanent weight loss success is the result of lifestyle changes and creating new habits, not short-term diets. Use these tips to achieve weight loss that lasts.
Tips For Permanent Weight Loss
Make physical activity a habit – you don’t have to join a gym to become more physically fit. But you do need to commit to being more active. Make small changes that you can turn into habits. Like always taking the stairs instead of an elevator. Also you can make daily walk a part of your routine.
Enjoy fitness – the next step to getting more exercise is to find excuses to be physically active for extended periods of time. One way to do this is to be active with your free time. Join a team, sign up for a fitness class or buy a bike.
Learn to cook – it’s difficult to maintain a healthy diet if you’re going out to eat all the time or only know how to cook in a deep fat fryer. Learn to cook low fat, low-calorie meals that you enjoy. Experiment with recipes that use plenty of vegetables and lean protein sources, including fish.
Practice relaxing – living in a state of constant stress is not only going to put you in a bad mood, but it can make it difficult to lose weight. Stress hormones affect your appetite and your body’s ability to store or release fat.
Medical weight loss programs are the effective way of getting rid of the excess weight and achieve the body that you desire, but there are a few things that might prevent you from achieving your weight loss goals. One thing that many dieters struggle with is emotional eating, because it can be difficult to stick to your plan if you are dealing with unhealthy cravings.
As you talk with your New Jersey weight loss consultant, you can begin to apply a few specific strategies to help you overcome emotional eating. Here are a few strategies that you can use:
Often, emotional eating happens because you are bored. Sometimes you don’t want to deal with the feeling and emotions that are coming up. Instead of opening the fridge or digging through the cupboards for a snack, find another activity to enjoy instead. For example, read a book, go for a walk, or call a friend to catch up. Do something that will keep your hands busy, so that you aren’t eating at the same time.
Document Your Emotions
When those emotions begin to surface, the best thing that you can do is to document the way you are feeling. Once those emotions are validated, it becomes easier to move forward. It can be beneficial to keep a diet journal. It is used to write down your feelings, and then record the strategies. The strategies are those which you used to successfully overcome the cravings in Weight loss programs.
Exercise to Boost Your Endorphins
Endorphins are a great way to overcome feelings of sadness or hopelessness. It means that exercise can help you to get over emotional eating habits. If you are tempted to binge because of emotional eating, try exercising instead. Also, consider implementing a regular exercise habit as a preventative measure against emotional eating.
These strategies are an effective way to lose weight, especially when they are combined with a rapid and safe weight loss strategy, such as Optifast. To learn more about how you can lose weight and feel great, contact us today!
Dr Anjana Chhabra
Optifast Weight Loss Program will Help You Loss Weight
Being on the Optifast weight loss program will help you lose weight, but making changes to your diet alone isn’t recommended for long-term weight management. To keep the weight off, you’ll have to become more active.
For all of its benefits, a treadmill isn’t a very inspirational piece of equipment. Sure, you know you can walk on it for 30 minutes to an hour at the gym, but this isn’t a workout that is easy to get excited about. A good workout isn’t limited to the confines of the gym, and not all workouts require cardio equipment and hand weights. There are ways like Being on the Optifast weight loss program will help you lose weight, but making changes to your diet alone isn’t recommended for long-term weight managementprogram that you can push yourself to be more active at home, at work or even on your commute. All you need is a little music.
When your favorite song comes on the radio, how easy is it to sit still? Our bodies naturally like to move and sway with catchy tunes. Create a good playlist and you might find yourself tapping your foot and pulsing your shoulders for hours as you work, drive or take care of things around the house.
Why not let your desire to dance drive your desire to lose weight? Dancing can be a great aerobic workout that can also help tone muscles and even build strength.
Take your dancing shoes to the next level by trying out some of these fun fitness dancing techniques:
- Zumba: An up-tempo dance class that uses hip-hop and Latin-inspired elements, this can be a pretty intense workout. Classes are led by a zumba instructor who goes through the motions and encourages everyone in the room to keep up.
- Swing: Swing dance incorporates a lot of balancing and jumping techniques, which are sure to get you sweating. A lot of swing classes encourage partners. So, try finding a friend who is interested in learning to swing dance with you.
- Belly dancing: Many people think of belly dancing as simply moving your hips back and forth. But, there is a lot more to it than that. This is an especially great abdominal workout.
Other popular styles of dance include ballet, tap and ballroom dancing, all of which are quality workouts, as well. There are hundreds of dance studios in New Jersey. Find one that works for your experience level and give it a shot.
Of course, you don’t need to take a dance class to get the benefits of this type of workout. Clear a space in your living room, put on the radio and start dancing. Chances are that this will put a smile on your face, as well as help you burn some more calories. Also optifast weight loss program will help in weight loss.
The Optifast weight loss program can be a valuable learning experience that can set you up for long-term weight loss success. Together with the support of your medical weight loss doctor, the Optifast weight loss programs creates an experience that highlights the fundamental aspects of successful weight loss, and can show you how you can transition to a healthier way of life by making simple changes.
There are four fundamental aspects of weight loss, and they are:
Optifast weight loss programs gives you a chance to step away from your regular routine and evaluate what changes may be helpful in your life.
Optifast Weight Loss Changing Your Attitude
Your attitude refers to your overall values and the commitment you are making to yourself and to your weight loss program. This means:
- Taking ownership of the choices you make
- Knowing your limits and accepting those boundaries
- Being willing to persevere through temporary discomfort
- Evaluating the consequences of your actions and making choices that will help you reach your goal
You have a choice to look at everything you do with a positive attitude. Doing so can help you stay on track during your Optifast diet program.
The Optifast products will help you take control of your diet, freeing up the mental energy to evaluate your current fitness level and exercise habits. As a general guideline, try to exercise for at least 30 minutes five days a week. This adds up to 2.5 hours of exercise every week. The more exercise you can fit in, the more calories you’ll burn and the faster you’ll lose weight with these weight loss programs.
Make changes to your exercise habits by:
- Increasing your incidental activity, which includes movements you do at work or home that are not fitness related, but still burn calories (like walking)
- Meet with a personal trainer to learn proper fitness techniques so you can avoid injury
- Find a friend, co-worker or family member who is interested in working out more as well and become gym partners
The Optifast rapid weight loss products are nutritionally complete, helping you to get as many nutrients as possible in a low-calorie diet. Using the products will help you lose weight, but learning from the products can help you maintain weight loss, as well.
The Optifast products can teach you several things about proper nutrition habits, including:
- How to eat smaller portion sizes
- The benefits of eating multiple small meals every day
- What it feels like to be full without overeating
- How maximizing nutrient intake helps control hunger
- What times of day your body grows hungriest
One thing that many people report learning during the Optifast program is that hunger is often mental. Everyone grows hungry, but often our hunger signals become crossed with mental cues to eat. Things like emotional eating, social cues to eat and eating out of boredom are often addressed during the OPTIFAST program.
The Optifast weight loss program is a great tool in gaining control over your diet. Using the Optifast diet products under the guidance of your weight loss doctor can help you lose weight more effectively than diet and exercise on their own.
Weight loss program is a time of change—a time for learning and growing as you adopt a new healthy diet, lifestyle and way of thinking. Making these changes will be both challenging and rewarding. But before you tackle the physical changes of weight loss, it is time to address the mental aspects of losing weight.
Mentally Preparing for Medical Weight Loss Program
Sometimes, despite proper preparation and undergoing, change can still be hard to accept. Whether you’ve been planning for months to start your medical weight loss program or recently decided to change your health, the change can be overwhelming. As you encounter the mental challenges of changing the way you think and feel about your healthy habits, it helps to tackle the change one step at a time.
Changing One Stage at a Time
Change doesn’t happen overnight. Instead of attempting to jump right into a new lifestyle, consider changes regarding your body. You should also consider diet and exercise habits at a gradual pace with the help of Medical weight loss program such as Optifast diet. This will be easier once you have a keen understanding of change and how it works in the following stages:
- Resisting and Reacting to Change: This is the first stage of change you’ll encounter during medical weight loss. At first you may have the urge to resist change. But in time you will learn to react to change by adhering to the rules of medical weight loss.
- Adjusting and Exploring Change: You will enter this stage once you become more accustomed to your new healthy way of life. The adjusting stage is pivotal during weight loss—especially when dealing with slipups. You may accidentally break your medical weight loss diet rules at a friend’s birthday. It might be a case thatyou skip the gym because you can’t miss you child’s soccer game, and that’s okay. During this stage you will work with abrupt changes as they occur. Do your best to develop the healthy habits that will help you continue to lose weight.
- Living Well in the New Normal: Your transition has come to a close and you now live in a state of normalcy. What once was a learning process for new healthy habits has now become a normal way of life for you. Engaging in daily exercise and eating healthy are no longer seen as requirements. But these are considered more so a part of your customary lifestyle. You no longer think about making healthy choices 24-7 as those decisions have become second-nature. Your medical weight loss program has prepared you for ongoing weight management. So you can continue to live well for the long term.
As you work towards losing weight, the change might be tough at first, but in the end it’s worth it. With the help of medical weight loss, you will change your life for the healthier, one day at a time.
There is an old saying that confidence is something people are born with. This just isn’t true. Self-confidence is something that has to be nurtured and cared for. It stems out of underlying appreciation for yourself, and the acknowledgement that you deserve positive things to happen in your life. Unfortunately, confidence is something that many people lack; and this may affect you negatively during your medical weight loss program. As you follow our Optifast weight loss new jersey plan (medical weight loss program), take time to consider your self-perception, and think of ways that you can be more encouraging towards yourself.
What is Self-Confidence?
To have self-confidence is to possess a sense of control concerning yourself and your actions. By acknowledging your own control over any given situation, you can reduce your anxiety and feel more at ease in different settings.
Self-confidence is not a form of pride or narcissism. It isn’t the belief that you are better than anyone else, and it is totally possible to be confident in yourself and to also be a humble and gracious person. When you are confident in yourself, you acknowledge that you can do something. You know that you can achieve your goal, can be trusted and you are the right woman or man for the job. You know, because you know you. You’ve got this.
How to Build Confidence
Building confidence in yourself takes time, but it starts with the recognition that you have positive things going for yourself, and that you can achieve what you set out to accomplish.
This is important to understand as you try to lose weight. Without confidence in your ability to reach your weight loss goal, what is going to push you to succeed?
Here are a few steps to help you become more confident in who you are:
- Acknowledge your personal strengths and weaknesses and accept them as part of who you are.
- Spend time with positive people who make you feel better about yourself.
- Stop engaging in negative self-talk. Say nice things about yourself and don’t tear yourself down at every opportunity.
- Increase your level of independence. While others can support you along your journey, you control your destiny. Embrace that independence.
Medical Weight Loss Program
If you don’t believe that you can reach your goal, no amount of encouragement will make a difference in your life. Following the “OPTIFAST WEIGHT LOSS” diet (medical weight loss program) will often help you lose weight, but it will then be up to you to make the dietary choices necessary for long-term weight management. Without a good dose of self-confidence, this can be tough to handle. While others can create a beneficial support network around you, it is up to you to lead by example and become a source of support for yourself, first.
As you go about you workout program or weight loss programs, one thing that you must be taking into account is what you’re eating immediately after the workout is over.
Weight loss programs will allow for proper nourishment to fuel the recovery process. Your body’s tissues are especially sensitive at this point to take up any nutrients you feed it, so by eating well, you can make sure you make a fast and quick recovery.
Let’s go over the key points to know about post-workout nutrition.
Eat Immediately After
First, try and get that post-workout fuel in as soon after the workout is over as possible. The longer you delay eating, the longer it will take you to bounce back after the session is over.
To that, you may also want to use a post workout shake rather than solid food. Liquid calories are absorbed faster than solid, so this can speed the process along.
Combine Protein And Carbohydrates
Next, make sure that the meal or shake is made up of protein and carbohydrate rich foods. Aim for around 0.25 grams per pound of protein intake and 0.25 to 0.5 grams per pound of carbohydrates.
This should put you somewhere between 200-300 calories for your post workout meal or shake. Good examples would be some protein powder with a banana or some cooked white fish with some rice.
A bowl of bran flakes with some skim milk and a protein shake can also work well to get these nutrients in.
Keep Fat Low
Finally, make sure that you keep the fat content in this meal as low as possible. Fat will only slow down the digestion process, moving you away from what you are trying to accomplish here.
Take fat out of the picture and save it for later times during the day when you want slow digestion to occur.
If you keep these points in mind and plan out your weight loss programs ahead of time, you can make sure you see the best results from that hard work you put in at the gym.
Dr Anjana Chhabra
Have you ever been sitting in front of the television with a snack, and before you know it, the entire snack is gone and you don’t even remember eating it? You might still feel that tinge of hunger, so you get up, grab another snack and sit back down in front of the television to repeat the same thing. This isn’t uncommon. Most people experience this form of “mindless” eating, where you become unaware of what and how much you’re eating. This type of eating can be quite detrimental to your weight loss efforts, but the good news is that you can learn to manage this type of behavior by practicing mindful eating.
Strategies for Eating Mindfully
Mindful eating is the art of being completely aware of not only what you’re eating, but why and how you’re eating it.
- What you eat: Particularly if you’re on a meal replacement plan, such as Optifast weight loss, you learn to be cognizant of what you’re eating at every meal, and the reason for eating it. You’re eating food for nutrition, so you’re choosing foods according.
- Why you eat: Are you physically hungry, or do you only think you’re hungry because you’re bored or stressed? Mindful eating suggests that you only eat when you’re hungry, and learn to know when you would normally succumb to emotional eating.
- How you eat: Many people eat quickly, especially if they’re eating mindlessly. Slow down. Try to take at least twenty minutes to finish a meal. As well, rid yourself of distractions during meal time. This includes television, computers and books. They’ll still be there when you’ve finished your meal.
Benefits of Mindful Eating
Mindful eating can positively affect your weight loss in many ways, including:
- Allowing you to realize when you’re full sooner.
- Improved digestion from slowed down eating.
- Makes meals more pleasurable since you get a chance to enjoy each and every bite.
- Allows you to be satisfied with less food. Since you’ll likely feel full earlier in the meal, you’re less likely to overeat.
Whatever you wish to accomplish in life, there are three fundamental steps you’ll have to take to get there.
- Set your goals
- Make a plan
- Monitor your progress as you set those plans in motion
At the onset of your Optifast weight loss program you and your weight loss doctor will make a realistic goal that you can work towards.
How to Monitor Optifast Weight Loss
The nice thing about the OPTIFAST weight loss program is that it encourages weight loss at a faster rate than you may lose weight on your own or through a non-medical diet plan.
Most Optifast weight loss plans last about 18 weeks, including an active phase of rapid weight loss followed by at least six weeks of transition, and then maintenance. While the 18 weeks may fly by fast, this is a long time to move forward without stopping and evaluating your progress along the way.
Scheduling regular appointments with your weight loss doctor can ensure that you are moving in the right direction, and will give your weight loss specialist a chance to make any changes to your weight loss program to keep your health optimal. But even at home there are ways you can track your progress and monitor how well you are doing.
Keeping a weight loss journal is shown to be one of the most effective habits one can develop when trying to lose weight. Writing down details like the foods you eat, your exercise habits and other details about your day can increase your personal accountability and help you stay on track towards reaching your weight loss goals.
Here are several tips to help you get started keeping a weight loss journal:
- Get a small notebook that you can keep near you at all times.
- Consider using a smartphone application like “Lose It” to log your food and exercise.
- Log details about how you feel as well as what you eat.
- Make entries in your weight loss journal as often as you feel comfortable.
On the Scale
The bathroom scale is one of the most widely used tools for measuring weight loss medications program. While weighing yourself can give you a clear understanding of how you are progressing towards your weight loss goal, this shouldn’t be the only method of monitoring that you turn to.
The scale can be deceiving, and stepping on it too much can grow frustrating and discouraging. Consider these tips when weighing yourself:
- Only weigh yourself once a week
- Keep a log of your weight level so you can track your progress overtime
- Weigh yourself at the same time of the day, like first thing in the morning
- Wear light clothing when weighing yourself
It is up to you to be accountable to yourself and follow your weight loss plan. The best way to know if you are working in the right direction is to monitor your success along the way.